Place spelling packet in the black basket.
WF#3: What are the greatest struggles teenagers face today?
1. Finish reading Exploring the Titanic
2. Titanic wkst.
Objective: Compare and contrast present day and historical events.
WF#2: What are the rules in your bedroom? Let's say you have a group of people coming over what would you tell them?? What would you to hate to happen in your room?? What would upset you if it happened in your room?
1. Revisit the rules
2. Finish reading Titanic
3. Group discussion
HW: Vocab Packet due tomorrow :)
Writing Fluency #1: What did I miss? Tell me about anything and everything that has happened since I have been gone. Be specific.
1. Work on timelines
2. Work on Vocabulary Packet
3. Read Titanic pgs. 658-671
4. Have you ever been on a cruise or a plane? Has there ever been some sort of emergency? What would you do if
you if there was an emergency situation? Have you ever been in any type of emergency situation that you could compare to the recent cruise ship sinking?
HW: NONE :)
Writing Fluency #14/ Dress Code: Should there be a dress code at KMS? Why or why not?
1. Check in your body paragraph 3 (5pts.)
2. Work on conclusion paragraph.
3. Once you complete your entire rough draft, complete the self check for every paragraph.
HW: Conclusion paragraph and re-written rough draft is due Monday!
Writing Fluency: NONE
Check in your Body Paragraphs 1-2 with Mrs. Gough (5 pts.)
III. Body Paragraph 3
a. Topic Sentence
b. Supporting details
c. Closing Sentence
IV. Conclusion Paragraph
a. Restate your thesis
b. Sum up the main ideas
c. Ending remark
1. Write your body paragraph 3 and conclusion on a seperate sheet of paper (skipping lines)
HW: Body paragraph 3 (5pts.)
Writing Fluency: NONE
I. Introduction Paragraph
a. Attention Grabber
2. Write your introduction on a seperate sheet of paper (skipping lines)
3. Have a partner check it over
4. Show to Mrs. Gough (5 pts.)
II. Body Paragraphs 1-2
a. Body Paragrphs 1-2
1. Topic Sentence
2. Supporting details
3. Closing sentence
2. Write your body paragraphs 1-2 on a seperate sheet of paper (skipping lines)
HW: Body Paragraphs 1-2
Writing Fluency #13/ Stand up: In what ways have you stood up to peer pressure? Or in what ways can you stand up to peer pressure? How would you take a stand against something you didn't think was right?
1. Parts of an Essay Review
2. Complete Essay Map
3. Begin Essay Outline: Complete introduction
a. Complete Hook/ Attention Grabber
b. Complete Thesis
c. Re-write complete introcution paragraph on seperate sheet of paper
HW: Introduction paragraph
Writing Fluency #12/ Peer Pressure: What is peer pressure? What are some of the effects peer pressure has on students? How have you been effected by peer pressure personally?
1. Peer Pressure List
2. What are some good elements to writing an essay?
3. What are transitions? Why do we use them? Create a list of transitions.
4. Begin Essay Map: Main ideas and supporting details
Writing Fluency #11/ Growing up: Write about an event that made you realize you were growing up, you were not just a kid anymore.
1. MEAP Prep Review
2. Grammar Usage Quiz
3. Turn in whatever you have completed for the textbook scavenger hunt. Effort grade will be given.
ANYONE WHO DID NOT TAKE THE DORA PLEASE GO DIRECTLY TO THE LIBRARY!
Writing Fluency #10: 4 Years Ago: How old were you four years ago? Describe some things you can do now that you could not do then. Is it better now or was it better then?
1. MEAP Prep
2. Scavenger Hunt last 10 minutes