WF#3: What are the greatest struggles teenagers face today?
1. Continue working on literature elements
2. Begin studying for literature elements test
HW: Study review sheet for literature elements test next week!!
WF#2: What are the rules in your bedroom? Let's say you have a group of people coming over what would you tell them?? What would you to hate to happen in your room?? What would upset you if it happened in your room?
1. Revisit the rules
2. Revisit Literatrure terms
HW: Begin working on study guide for Literature terms test for next week.
Writing Fluency #1: What did I miss? Tell me about anything and everything that has happened since I have been gone. Be specific.
1. Complete Figurative Language Quiz
2. Read Titanic pgs. 658-671
3. Have you ever been on a cruise or a plane? Has there ever been some sort of emergency? What would you do if you if there was an emergency situation? Have you ever been in any type of emergency situation that you could compare to the recent cruise ship sinking?
HW: NONE :)
Writing Fluency #14/ Dress Code: Should there be a dress code at KMS? Why or why not?
1. Point of View writing
2. Complete Expressing Point of View wkst.
Writing Fluency: NONE
1. Complete MEAP Practice Test
2. Check grammar and vocab packet
Writing Fluency #13/ Stand up: In what ways have you stood up to peer pressure? Or in what ways can you stand up to peer pressure? How would you take a stand against something you didn't think was right?
1. Grammar and Vocab Packet- Context Clues, Subjects and Predicates
HW: Grammar/ Vocab Packet due Thursday
Writing Fluency #12/ Peer Pressure: What is peer pressure? What are some of the effects peer pressure has on students? How have you been effected by peer pressure personally?
1. MEAP Practice Check Answers
REMINDER: You will be taking a MEAP Practice test for a grade on Wednesday. Please bring a #2 pencil.
Writing Fluency #11/ Growing up: Write about an event that made you realize you were growing up, you were not just a kid anymore.
1. Check Grammar Wkst.
2. Check MEAP Practice Test
ANYONE WHO DID NOT TAKE THE DORA TEST MUST GO TO THE LIBRARY IMMEDIATELY.
Writing Fluency #10: 4 Years Ago: How old were you four years ago? Describe some things you can do now that you could not do then. Is it better now or was it better then?
1. MEAP Prep Practice Test Parts 1-3 (for a grade)
HW: 1.Grammar Packet due tomorrow
2. MEAP Practice questions 1-42